Selling a Home
The 60-Second Rule
60 seconds is all the time you have to create a winning first impression. Here are some simple but significant ways to maximize your home’s appeal to your buyer.
Increasing Your Home’s Appeal and Value
We understand that selling your home can be confusing and stressful. So, with that in mind, we have created a list of actionable items that can help you sell your house faster and increase your overall asking price.
- Keep the grass cut and remove all yard clutter.
- Weed and apply fresh mulch to flower beds.
- Replace the front door handle if it looks tarnished or old.
- Paint the front door if it needs refreshing.
- Clean windows, both inside and outside.
- Clean gutters and check downspouts.
- Pressure wash the driveway and sidewalk.
- Buy a new welcome mat for the front door.
- Place potted flowers near the front door.
- Evaluate the furniture and placement to insure a good “flow” and traffic pattern. Remove anything that interferes with this or looks cluttered and small.
- Clean and organize cabinets, closets, and bookshelves.
- Remove and pack excessive wall hangings, knickknacks, and pictures.
- Clean all light fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Clean tracks of sliding doors.
- Shampoo carpets.
- Replace worn doorknobs.
- Paint walls, if necessary.
- Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
Special Details for Showings
- Turn on all the lights.
- Open all the drapes and shutters in the daytime.
- Buy new towels for the bathrooms.
- Make the beds.
- Play quiet background music.
- Infuse the home with a comforting and light scent, such as vanilla.
- Declutter the rooms and the counter tops.
- Vacate the property while it is being shown.